Tuesday, 22 November 2016
EThekwini Municipality is offering excellent bursary opportunities to South African citizens interested in a rewarding career, in Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Land and Quantity Surveying, Natural, Biological and Ecological Sciences.
The successful applicants will be required to enter into a bursary agreement, with EThekwini Municipality to study at an approved South African public university leading to a Bachelors degree.
The benefits of the bursary include accommodation fees, tuition fees, examination fees, a book allowance and a once off computer allowance (subject to compliance with the agreement).
Preference will be given to applicants who have passed at least their first year of studies at a recognised institution, and applicants must include their full academic record.
Applications from students who are only due to start their studies in 2017 must include proof of their acceptance from a South African public university and matric results.
Priority will be given to applicants who are under represented in terms of race, gender and disability and to eThekwini residents.
APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED OR NOTIFIED WITHIN TEN WEEKS FROM THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ADVERT SHOULD CONSIDER THEMSELVES UNSUCCESSFUL.
• Applicants applying for a bursary with an achievement of less than 5 for Maths and Physical Science will not be considered
• Only those learners who are studying Pure Maths will be considered,
• Please note that our bursaries are allocated based on the Municipality scarce skills policy/strategy and we do not have bursaries for all undergraduate disciplines
• It is the responsibility of the applicant to apply for admission to the public higher education institution of choice that is accredited by the relevant professional body and receive confirmation of acceptance before a bursary can be awarded
• Applicants will be subjected to the screening process which may include interviews and home visits
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Successful applicants will be required to sign a contract with the Municipality
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted to eThekwini Municipal Academy, 11th floor, Shell House, 221 Anton Lembede Street, Durban
Closing Date for applications: 09 December 2016 at 12.00 (Midday)