Monday, 05 September 2016
The MasterCard Foundation has partnered with the University of Cape Town (UCT) to provide 300 scholarships over 10 years to academically talented yet economically disadvantaged students from Sub-Saharan Africa for study at UCT.
In order to apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, applicants must first apply to the UCT for academic study and placement.
At the point of selection, the applicant should have a conditional/firm offer from the University of Cape Town
The following required supporting documents must be attached/uploaded to the undergraduate scholarship application form:
- Certified copy of Identity Document, Passport or Refugee Papers
Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae (CV) of no more than two (2) A4 pages using the following points as context:
- Participation in Extra-Curricular Activities
- Skills and Interests
- Academic and/or Professional Experience
- Certified copies of all Secondary education transcripts
- Applicants will be required to produce translated copies of all academic transcripts where English is not the primary language
- 2 Academic Referee Reports
- Academic referee reports must be presented in the English language
- Referees may attach additional pages or documentation in support of the recommendation on the official institutional letterhead with original signature, stamp and date in support of the applicant
Applicants’ are required to submit an essay of no more than 2000 words using the following points as context:
- In which ways do you envisage contributing to the economic growth and social development of your country and Africa on completion of your studies, using your education as leverage?
- Explain any community service activities you have been involved in.
- List the qualities that, for you, define leadership and elaborate on leadership initiatives that you have undertaken.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified and will be required to submit documentary evidence of the information provided on the scholarship application form
Closing Date: 30 September 2016