Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Google always strives for gender equality in the field of computer science and is therefore encouraging women to apply for the Women Techmakers Scholars Programme which will assist women who want to further their skills in the computing and technology fields.
Position Description (Intl):
Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2017-2018 academic year. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Women Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat in summer 2017 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of workshops.
Professional development and community outreach opportunities will continue to be offered after the retreat. As a Women Techmakers Scholar, you will join a long-term community of scholars program participants designed to provide a forum to share resources, support other women in tech, and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
• Identify as female
• Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2016-2017 academic year
• Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2017-2018 academic year
• Be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
• Demonstrate a strong academic record
• Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in Computer Science
The Women Techmakers Scholarship is a one-time scholarship. While past applicants and finalists are encouraged to reapply, unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Women Techmakers Scholarship and Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply.
01 December 2016
HOW TO APPLY