Friday, 06 January 2017
The Swedish Government is offering ten scholarships to talented and ambitious South African students who wish to pursue their Master’s degree at a university in Sweden.
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS) is open to highly qualified students who are citizens of South Africa.
The programme offers an opportunity for aspiring future leaders to develop professionally and academically, to experience the culture in Sweden, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden.
- Master’s (two years only)
The call for the SISS for the 2017/2018 academic year is opening on 1 December 2016.
The application process has been divided into two application periods.
The first application period will be between 1 December 2016 and 16 January 2017.
Successful candidates will be notified in late January 2017 and will be asked to submit a detailed application with a motivation letter, a Europass CV and a passport copy, for the second step.
The two-step application process aims at offering transparency in the selection process for the second selection round: 1-10 February 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
• Applicants must be South African citizens but may, at the of their application and admission, live outside South Africa,
• Applicants should show an ambition to make a difference by working with issues which contribute to a just and sustainable development in South Africa, in a long-term perspective.
• Priority will be given to applicants who have completed their Bachelor’s degree from a South African University,
• Applicants must apply and be accepted to a University in Sweden in a relevant Master’s programme,
• Applicants must not have lived for more than two years in Sweden, or hold a Degree from a University in Sweden.
Fields of Study
Priority will be given to students who have chosen programmes that focus on: business, democracy, environment and sustainability, gender studies, human rights, information and communication technologies, law and social studies.
Applications close 16 January 2017