Monday, 30 January 2017
If you’re looking to forge a career with one of the leading banking groups in Africa and work closely with their customers in an environment that value its people, and then we have an opportunity for you.
ABSA: Bank Teller Opportunities
It all starts with you, when a customer walks into one of our branches, they want to be able to get their hands on all the great products and services we have to offer with minimum of fuss.
And the first people they come to are our Tellers.
Whether it's doing the simple things like helping a customer making a deposit, or using your judgment to refer them to the right colleague, your welcoming smile and commitment to everyday excellence will be what makes your branch uniquely Absa.
What you'll give our customers is a unique experience by providing customer service through timeous and accurate processing of their financial transactions.
You will also ensure that all their banking needs are met quickly and efficiently with a friendly smile to ensure that there is minimal disruption to their day.
Execute Cash & Related Transactions
Throughout each day, balance, control and manage the cash float by checking the amount of cash at the teller station and requesting the restocking or repatriation of cash when prescribed cash limits are reached.
- Provide advice to customers on the cash and other transactions processes to ensure the smooth flow of transactions.
Identifying Sales Leads
- Identify and action sales leads (teller prompts) and cross selling opportunities.
Compliance To Legislative Requirements And Internal Processes
- Open & close the branch safe according to the Bank’s procedures, including physically securing the safe according to required procedures.
- NQF level no. 4: Grade 12 with Accounting and Mathematics as subjects.
- Minimum 1-2 years Cashier experience in a retail environment.
- Computer Literacy skills.
- No criminal record.
What you'll get in return is best that Absa has to offer.
We're not just talking about valuable benefits like medical aid, pension fund, preferential banking rates, funeral cover and well -being program.
You'll also enjoy a company spirit that believes in giving our employees the freedom to do a great job, and the support to reach their ambitions in the future.