Friday, 02 December 2016
The Cederberg Municipality, which includes the towns, Citrusdal, Clanwilliam, Graafwater, Lamberts Bay and Elands Bay as well as a large rural area, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacant positions within its establishment.
The Cederberg Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer.
Persons designated in terms of applicable legislations as historically disadvantaged South Africans as well as people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Preference will be given to female candidates:
DIRECTORATE: ENGINEERING & PLANNING SERVICES
- DEPARTMENT: ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION NETWORK
- ARTISAN ASSISTANT
Duties:● Assist the senior by digging trenches, laying cables for electricity supply and doing physical labour
● Install and maintain pre-paid electricity meters
● Render a cleaning services by removing and trimming trees and
branches that obstruct any overhead electrical cables
● Clean and Maintain the sub-stations.
Requirements:● Ability to read and write
● Must be able to work in extreme conditions
● Good Health
● Strong sober habits and must be hardworking
● a driver’s license is not a requirement but may be advantageous
● Relevant experience.
Remuneration: T4 (R 87 315.60-R 100 657.08) plus normal municipal benefits.
CLOSING DATE: 11 November 2016