Thursday, 11 September 2014
Are you great in Maths and English? Year Beyond Programme is seeking compassionate matriculants or recent Graduates to help uplift the youth by volunteering their time.
Year Beyond: Connecting Youth to Opportunities
Do you have:
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills
- Good academic results in maths, science, technology and English
- A track record of community involvement
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- A creative and innovative flair
The Year Beyond programme is the perfect opportunity for you!
By dedicating a year after matric or your tertiary studies, you could help expand the education horizons of learners in underperforming schools, while also enhancing your own social and economic networks.
This programme appeals to local and international volunteers with mathematics, technology and language skills to give a year of their time to tutor primary and secondary school learners in these subjects.
Volunteers will work in groups to help the Western Cape Government improve the academic excellence of learners in underperforming schools and ultimately stem the problem of learner drop outs.
The minimum requirements for Year Beyond volunteers are:
- 24 years old or younger.
- Personal initiative, courage, leadership and self-management.
- A minimum of a matric certificate with good (60% plus) pass in English and maths (graduates are also encouraged to apply).
- Computer skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to making a difference and impacting on the lives of others.
- Successful volunteers will be required to make a full-time commitment to the programme from January to November.
Closing Date: 31 October 2014
Unfortunately this position is now closed.
Please sign up to receive updates about any new opportunities.