Friday, 03 February 2017
In cooperation with the Services (SA Army, SA Air Force and SA Navy), Defence Intelligence is offering young South African citizens an excellent opportunity to serve in uniform over a two-year period.
The Military Skills Development System (MSDS) is a two-year voluntary service system which is aimed at affording young people skills, which could assist in their quest for employment in the job market.
Young recruits are required to sign up for a period of two-years, during which they will receive Military Training, further Functional Training and skills training.
Minimum Requirements:- South African Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Applicant aged between 18 and 22 with Grade 12 or 18 and 26 for applicants with tertiary qualifications (national diploma / degree/post graduate diplomas and post graduate degrees).
- Preferably single.
- Not be area bound.
- Have no criminal record or pending cases.
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointments in the SANDF.
- Be free form physical disabilities and do not suffer from claustrophobia or a fear of heights.
- Be willing to undergo pre-employment screening, psychometric testing and security vetting.
- Successfully completed Grade 12 Applicants (Preferably with university entrance): A National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi, with Bachelors’ Degree Admission. A mark of at least 5(60% – 69%) in Afrikaans or English and a mark of at least 5 (60% - 69%) in each of the four school subjects (preferably Mathematics, Computer Application Technology, Physical Science and Geography) from the list of designated university admission subjects.
- National Diploma/ Graduate Applicants: National Diploma Security Risk Management, IT qualifications or a degree with the preferred study fields of Political Science, Africa Studies, International Relations, Social / Psychological Sciences or Security Studies.
Training: Defence Intelligence is mandated to conduct intelligence and counter-intelligence on behalf of the DOD and as such must ensure an HR complement equipped with the necessary skills and attributes.
Recruits will be compelled to complete the Basic Military Training and if successful Officers Formative within the Service of choice, followed with Functional Intelligence Training.
Selected officers will be afforded the opportunity to enrol for a prescribed three year degree at the Faculty Military Science, Stellenbosch University.
1. Copy of ID
HOW TO APPLY
2. Copy of Gr 12 Certificate
3. A Short CV
4. Highest achieved qualification (e.g. Degree or National Diploma at SAQA registered institutions)
Closing Date: 28 February 2017
This Application for is not for sale!!!