25 April 2017
A young student from Umlazi who overcame great hardship to be accepted into Harvard on a full scholarship, will return to South Africa to launch an ambitious initiative to assist underprivileged ...
24 April 2017
Purpose of this Learnership is to provide Learner with the required exposure to institutional learning and workplace experience that will enable them to obtain an Artisan qualification at level 3 - ...
24 April 2017
EThekwini Municipality is committed to promoting and supporting access to quality and relevant integrated training interventions, career development and skills opportunities through a series of ...
Western Cape Bursary Competition for Grade 11 learners offering Economics, Accounting and Mathematics (2015-2016). The bursary competition aims to promote enthusiasm for Economics, Mathematics, Accounting as career possibilities.
1. The Western Cape Provincial Treasury, in collaboration with Nedbank and the Western Cape Education Department (WCED), invites schools to enter for the 2015 Western Cape Bursary Competition, an essay-writing competition.
2. The Bursary Competition offers Grade 11 learners in the province, taking a combination of Economics, Mathematics and Accounting as subjects, the opportunity of obtaining bursaries and other incentives to further their studies in these fields at a university.
3. A maximum of Between twelve and fifteen bursaries, as well as a cash prize as financial assistance during their Grade 12 year, will be awarded to learners who intend obtaining a degree in Economics (e.g. B Comm. [Economics]), Accounting (e.g. B Acc., B Compt.), Commerce (e.g. B Bus. Science) or Mathematics at a Western Cape university.
4. The bursaries are for Grade 11 learners who excel (minimum level of 60%) in at least two of the subjects Economics, Mathematics and Accounting and who qualify for entrance to a university in 2017. Entrants must be South African citizens, residing in the Western Cape, who have a good command of spoken and written English.
5. Prizes for teachers of the winning learners:
• A laptop/cash prize to the teacher of each of the learners who are placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
• A cash prize of R5 000 to the teacher of each of the other learners who are awarded bursaries.