Thursday, 05 January 2017
MSF South Africa is looking for a Health Policy and Access Advocacy Intern with good planning and administrative skills, high flexibility and ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deliver results.
With passion for humanitarian work, the intern will split their time between
a) assisting the Regional HIV Advocacy Coordinator with regular administrative duties,updating the regional HIV policy, guidelines and other strategic information for all the countries of support, assist with organising meetings, conferences and advocacy events and
b) assisting the Access Campaign Advocacy Coordinator with administrative duties as well as research in the area of intellectual property and other access-related issues, collecting and compiling of strategic information and assisting with the organising of events, campaigns and advocacy-related work.
The intern will work part time for each of these positions, spending approximately 2.5 days per week working with the HIV Advocacy Coordinator and 2.5 days per week working with the Access Campaign Advocacy Coordinator.
- Minimum university graduate or post graduate student.
- Preferably studying/studied Public Health, Development Studies, International Relations or Political Science, Law, or with demonstrable interest in working in the Health Policy Analysis and Advocacy field.
- Knowledge of regional health policy landscape, regional Health/HIV related organisations, donors and civil society organisations
- Knowledge of local and regional treatment access barriers like IP, pricing, shortages, and other systemic issues
- Interest in national and global health policy and organisations particularly related to HIV and/or Access to Treatment issues.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point essential
- Professional telephone manner, tactful and excellent networking and negotiation skills.
- Creative and highly flexible approach to work, and ability to work within a team, multi task and good stress management skills and ability to deal with high workload at specific times.
- Creative social media skills
The application deadline is 15 January 2017.