Thursday, 24 November 2016
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at UCT is in the process of offering a Learnership in the Mechanical Engineering workshop to two candidates entering their second year of training.
The successful learners will enter into a three-year Learnership agreement to enable them an opportunity to complete NQF level 2-4 in Mechanical Engineering (Tooling Manufacture).
After the completion of the Learnership programme, UCT will not be obliged to offer permanent employment to the candidates.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics, Physical Science and English.
- Completion of (or be in the process of completing) the first year of a Mechanical Engineering Learnership at an approved merSETA training provider.
- Potential to develop/acquire the technical skills necessary to successfully complete the qualification.
- Good communicator in written and spoken English.
- Ability to interact with university students, technicians and academic staff within the Department.
Other desirable attributes include: the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, problem solving skills, computer literacy, independent learning ability and initiative.
Relevant work experience (such as employment in a workshop in either an industrial or academic environment) would be advantageous.
CNC programme operation would be advantageous.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be required to perform a skills test in the workshop.
The appointed candidates will be required to go for health screening before they commence the Learnership.
The annual remuneration package is aligned with the standard merSETA recommended payment levels.- UCT Application Form (download APPLICATION DOCUMENT Click Here to Apply) - Cover letter, and - Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
Closing Date:30 November 2016