Monday, 05 December 2016
SABMiller has an opportunity for x18 Learners. This will provide applicants with an opportunity to enroll for a National Certificate in Food and Beverage Packaging, NQF 3.
Learners will enter into a one-year, fixed term contract with Newlands Brewery, during which time they will undergo both on-the-job and off-the-job learning, culminating in a national qualification.
- Matric with mathematics
- Computer literate
- Self-directed and motivated
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical ability
- Be resourceful
- Ability to work effectively in shift based teams
- Ability to form effective relationships with coaches and mentors
- No experience required
Output and Accountabilities
Learnerships are a structured learning programme that combines off-the-job learning and on-the-job learning in an integrated programme.
The off-the- job component covers more theoretical aspects of the learning with work-based learning providing the opportunity for application of the theory and the further practical learning experiences required.
Further characteristics of a Learnership are:
1. Results in a national qualification registered on the National Qualification Framework (NQF)
2. The qualification is endorsed by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and quality assured by the FoodBev SETA
3. The qualification is written to reflect value adding skills required in the workplace and contains the outcomes and assessment criteria
4. Competence against the outcomes and assessment criteria is demonstrated and assessed in the workplace using a variety of assessment methods
Closes 19 December 2016.
Note that while we anticipate a start date of 1 March 2017, final approval and confirmation of timelines is still anticipated for January.Employment Type: Learnership
Full/Part Time: Full-time
Location: Newlands Brewery
Country: South Africa
City: Cape Town