Tuesday, 25 October 2016
Columbus are a single site operation with the major benefit of having all our technical and service departments here in Middelburg. This enables us to offer exciting career opportunities for outstanding people.
Range of areas, including:
- information technology,
- human resources,
- national and international commercial and
- financial disciplines.
Situated in Middelburg, employees enjoy country benefits - eco-tourism, fishing, hiking and living, while being close to the city.
We search for people that:
- are professional;
- are academically qualified;
- are enthusiastic;
- are ready for growth and learning; and enjoy challenges.
- Benefits, Bursaries and Training
- people centered culture;
- policy of lifelong learning;
- stainless career paths (diverse learning around a core concept);
- competitive pay and benefits; and learning programmes.
Graduates / diplomats (mechanical, electrical/electronics, control & instrumentation, industrial, metallurgical).
Structured Engineer in Training Programmes accredited by ECSA.
Apprenticeships and Operator training programmes accredited by MERSETA
Closing Date: 09 November 2016
Columbus Stainless invites applicants to be trained for a period of 3-4 years in one of the following trades:
- Fitters and Turners
- Instrumentation Mechanicians
You do not necessarily need extensive experience, but we do require the following:• A minimum of an N3 / Matric with Mathematics and Science end two relevant Trade-related subjects (with a minimum of 50% for each) or 7 subjects (including Maths and Science) NCV Level 4 (with a minimum of 50% for each)
• Practical and logical, with an interest in equipment maintenance
• South African citizenship
• A willingness to work shifts and overtime, as required.
In return, you will be trained for an outstanding career in maintenance.
HOW TO APPLY
Please• Indicate clearly that your application is for Apprenticeship
• Include copies of your qualifications
• Indicate your preferred cell phone number for SMS communication.
If you have not bean contacted within two weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
While we have made every attempt to ensure that the details contained in this advertisement are correct, any Inadvertent error or omission will not prejudice the rights or obligations of Columbus Steel and will rectified immediately upon discovery.
Opportunities are advertised in local newspapers
Bursaries are made available for exceptional candidates in the above disciplines.
Bursary opportunities are advertised in local newspapers and at leading Universities in the country.